The Pink Panther 2 (2009)
The Pink Panther 2 is a 2009 sequel to 2006's The Pink Panther reboot.
Inspector Clouseau is back, but this time he has to be part of an international group of detectives as clumsy as he is, known as the "Dream Team", consisting of:
- Vicenzo Roccara Squarcialupi Brancaleone (Andy Garcia), a businessman from Italy
- Randall Pepperidge (Alfred Molina), an inspector from Britain
- Kenji Mazuto (Yuki Matsuzaki), a technology expert from Japan
- and Sonia Solandres (Aishwarya Rai Bachchan), a criminology expert from India.
Their mission is to capture a thief known as "The Tornado", who specializes in the theft of historical objects.
Why It Sucks
- Steve Martin's performance as Clouseau is even worse than in the previous film.
- Kevin Kline didn't return for this sequel and he instead was replaced by John Cleese as Chief Dreyfus. Dreyfus is supposed to be French, yet Cleese uses his natural British accent (probably he himself hates this sequel, too).
- Beyoncé Knowles didn't want to appear in this sequel and Emma Bunton appeared as a choice for this. Unfortunately, she didn't appear and the new character made for her was removed from the script.
- Clouseau calls to his Japanese partner "His little yellow friend". He is later asked if he is racist towards Japanese people.
- Forgettable plot.
- Despite this movie is directed to children, Alfred Molina dresses up in drag at the end of the film.
The Only Redeeming Quality
- The original Pink Panther theme is still used.