Vídeo Brinquedo (literally Toy Video in Portuguese, also non-literally translated as "Toyland Video") is a Brazilian animation studio, located in São Paulo, that produced low-budget, poorly made, direct-to-video animated films widely viewed as mockbusters of comparable films from Walt Disney Pictures, Pixar Animation Studios, DreamWorks Animation, 20th Century Fox, Blue Sky Studios and Hasbro. Effectively, it is the animation counterpart of The Asylum. The company was founded in 1994 to distribute children's animation with the intention of distribution in its home market of Brazil, as well as to other global markets. In 2010, the company stopped animating movies.
- The Little Cars in the Great Race (rip-off of GMW)
- Ratatoing (rip-off of GMW)
- Little Bee (rip-off of Bee Movie)
- The Little Panda Fighter (rip-off of GMW)
- Tiny Robots (rip-off of GMW)
- Little Princess School (rip-off of various Disney Princesses)
- Gladiformers (rip-off of GMW)
- Gladiformers 2 (rip-off of Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen)
- Little & Big Monsters (rip-off of GMW)
- What's Up: Balloon to the Rescue (rip-off of GMW)
- The Frog Prince (rip-off of The GMW)
- Alice in Wonderland (rip-off of either the 1951 Disney classic or the 2010 live-action remake)
Why Their Films Suck
- Poor 3D rendering of characters and backgrounds.
- Terrible 3D animation, even for the mid-2000s standards.
- Most of them are obvious mockbusters/rip-offs of other well-known animated movies.
- Horrible Portuguese and English voice acting.
- God-awful plots and storytelling which ripoff a lot of films.
- Unfunny and weak humor.
- Generic-looking title cards in most films.
- Terrible writing that just doesn't capture the charm of the ripped-off movies.
- Loads of padding.
- Dreadful soundtracks.
- Cringeworthy dialogue.
- As mentioned above, there is usually a lot of filler in their movies, and it is usually painful to get through. For example, in Ratatoing, around the first 10 minutes or so is just repetitive comments and feedback on the food at the restaurant.
The Only Redeeming Quality
- The voice acting in the English dub is actually pretty good (except for Ratatoing). Despite using many of the same voice actors from 4Kids Entertainment, most of the actors still put in some great effort.
- Believe it or not, they used to distribute DVDs for TV shows like Sonic X, The Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3, Kirby Right Back At Ya! and The Little Lulu Show in Brazil.